Baba I miss you.. .

BAABAAAA . . . 


Such a small and cuddly human, 

yet so strong! 

Baba, you were so tender 

and so, so soothing. 

I miss you terribly. 

Wherever you are.

You were there when we needed. 

You just gave and asked for nothing. 

Now you are gone, 

I feel a part of me has gone too.

In my youth I was horrible, 

yet you accepted me, 

when others were critical,

You gave me hope!

What have I given you? 

Nothing! 

I couldn't even come to your death bed 

and cremation.

How I try to solace myself,

saying you are so understanding; 

and will not hold grudge.

But I feel guilty and helpless 

and angry at myself, 

for losing such a precious person 

from my life . . . 

forever . . . 

Wound may heal, memories may fade, 

I don't know.

But the world without you will be 

So much morbid and loveless.

That I know.

Comments

Materialmom said…
You are so right; Baba was generosity personified and how she loved us and all who knew her! I do miss her so.

Popular posts from this blog

Educate Him